Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Lost Soul


I walk as a visionary who captures the images of dreams for those who cannot see.

My words manifest into a visual mirage where all things are deemed possible.

I am elevated higher than the trees and mountains as my wings carry me over the raging seas, where I can hear the whispers of broken souls bellow outcries of torment and fear, as they are sucked into the mangled distortion of the earth beneath them.

Chaos and confusion are yet replaced with a with a sickening stillness and silence, realizing all too well that we had numerous chances to save our planet, however,  we fed our hunger with greed and contempt; lastly destroying all hope for salvaging absolution from nature.

In a peaceful sadness, I  sit perched upon a drifting star anxiously awaiting the re-birth of a new horizon.
                          LM-Akins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to message me about how my poems have impacted your life.