Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Et Vocem Meam


My voice is my weapon that’s been silenced throughout the years, as my soul stood vigilant on the edge of the cliff waiting to be strung.

My voice is my weapon against all failures and dreams still left undone.

My voice is a statement to my testimony and time.

A true reveal of the person I was meant to be.

 Throughout the storms and pain life has wrought, my voice stands a tribute to all those I’ve left behind: who were left stranded amidst their shadowed torment.

There were too many times when I looked to my left and my right and hollered out in pain as my voice echoed inside of me shattering the very chambers of my heart.



My voice remained choked and suffocated from the numbness within.

Then I realized I was not alone, the voice that spoke inside of me was all my own. It was then that my strength was born.

 Only then did my dreams become a reality and although I was blind, now I was able to see.

With this revelation I began to develop a more improved version on myself and set my soul free.

No more was pain and disappointment my constant friend.

My voice soared me to unknown depths that I could never have dreamed was true.

 I vowed to never to be silenced again, my voice remains my best friend.

Keep this in mind when the sorrow of the world tries to silence your cries.

 Remember your voice is your weapon, used as armor fight.

 The only way to not be a victim is to be a survivor and beyond all odds believe in your voice.

 Although it may talk inside of you as a whisper, when you listen it will bellow from within you and cave in all obstacles that lie ahead of you.

Your voice will set you free.
                                                       LM Akins/ Simora England

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to message me about how my poems have impacted your life.