Thursday, October 6, 2016

A Treasure

I lost a treasure , Where could it be? 
I searched inside a hollow tree.
I searched inside the murky fog.
I searched under a long dense log.
I searched behind the tear drop of a little girl when she cried.
I searched behind a dead man’s eye. 
I looked deep under the stagnant waters in the swamp.
I’ve looked under the baby while being held in a mother’s arms.
I’ve looked under a rock. the belly’s soil still so moist.
I looked under a flower but I was careful not to dig up roots.
I’ve looked between each rain drop that falls from the sky. 
I looked between the sun beams and it shined a single ray to my heart.
Then Finally I realized I held the key.
The treasure was always inside of me.

                             -Lisamarie-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to message me about how my poems have impacted your life.