Thursday, October 6, 2016

The Drifter

I am a drifter I walk through the night. The sores on my feet have oozed out pus of the color crimson mixed with creamy white.

I have no destination as of yet so my legs just move as a mechanical robot as I go forward non-stopping motion.

Each muscle in my body pulsates as I breathe in, causing a painful chain of thunderous bolts, which vibrate through the canvass of my body.

I beg for reprieve but pardon comes to no avail , as I tread on.

Finally I succumb to my own weakness, as my knees cave in , my lips and face touch the ground.

 I rest realizing that yesterday, will be another tomorrow always trying to reach another today.

                                          -Lisamarie-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to message me about how my poems have impacted your life.