Friday, August 17, 2018

To Whom It May Concern


To Whom It May Concern:

Pardon me if I stand self-righteous in defending my truth and preserving the dignity which mankind sought to destroy. My peace comes in the knowing that I have survived, because I dutifully followed the whispers of my conscience and devised a plan that defied all matter of logic, reason and rhyme.

I have seen those who have passed into the outer realm of this world and I am left with a sense of incompleteness. There is an unending secret that shrouds my presence. The secrets and mysteries of this life have been revealed to those who have past on. I can only imagine and contemplate what lies in the beyond. There’s a sense of anxiousness inside my being but at the same time I hold a quiet fear as I grow old and the end comes near.

In this world we set ourselves apart by differences, yet the only thing we all have in common is birth and death. I wonder if this commonality is the reason why we all seek to have control, whether it is control in the family, control in finances or control in everything we have no control of. When someone dear to us passes the immediate reaction is always shock and disbelief even though we all know that death inevitably comes to all of us. Do we somehow feel like maybe just maybe if we don’t think about it or talk of it that it will pass our door?

If birth is celebrated than so should death, because death is the beginning to a higher level of consciousness, which in the end connects us to everyone and everything.

                                                                -Simora England-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to message me about how my poems have impacted your life.