Friday, October 12, 2018

Dear Children


Dear Children:

You have given me the greatest gift I never dreamed possible.

 You all are my first loves’, my biggest achievement and joy.

Even though you all have grown to be individuals. Your victories are mine.

Your sadness is my despair and your happiness is my delight.

Once we were melted in the same flesh but now you all have grown to explore the world as you see fit.

 Without your existence I would have been a mere shadow of a person.

Never think any one of you have disappointed me for you all are and always will be the pride of heart.

Through an imperfect existence, in giving birth to you all I have managed perfection at it’s finest.

Many people wait till near death to express their feelings, however, I am very much alive and shout my proclamations of love to admiration to my children.

Separate but yet one we share a connection that will never be broken.

In reality Mother’s give birth, however, I wish to say thank you to my children for giving birth to “my” existential life.

 You all have taught me more about myself than I could have ever discovered on my own.
                                                To- Joey- Brandyn-Jesse- Serena and Bibiana
                                                                        (From Mom)
Lisamarie Akins/Simora England

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to message me about how my poems have impacted your life.