Monday, April 15, 2019

Beacon Of Light


Beneath the shattered shards of glass that lay under and around my feet, I am still able to stand on my tippy-toes and glance at my dreams, which are laid out across the skies.

   We are all shaken and disturbed when our dreams seems to distant to reach and reality makes us want to escape into fantasy because we look at the chaos of this world around us and build a safe house in our minds for protection.

I’m here to tell you that it’s safe to come out of our prisons in our mind and embrace the light that shines from within us, so much so that it infects everyone and everything that surrounds us.

We cannot succumb to the treachery and evil of this world, but instead prove ourselves to be examples of goodness with a common purpose of expunging all negativity; our light will be a constant beacon to all those stuck stagnant in the darkness.

                                                  LM Akins/ Simora England




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to message me about how my poems have impacted your life.