Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Portal Of Humanity


I stand in a cold sweat, saturated with the damp fog of my very existence. Confused and bewildered I wait patiently as the cup of enlightenment quenches my thirst. All I can hear is the pounding of my heart, which echoes from within my inner chambers and drowns out the loud screeching thoughts in my mind. My eyes search for the open portal that leads to man’s humanity, however, as I come closer to inspect, I see that it is sealed with a thick dark paste of violence and malice. Realizing that I must find another way, I do not turn backwards but tread forwards to find a path free from the insolence of this world. My cup is once again full as I journey on.

                                                                     LM Akins / Simora England





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to message me about how my poems have impacted your life.