Friday, September 9, 2016

Helping hands

I can recall a time and place where children’s laughter filled the air.

My children danced in celebration of their innocence as I looked on in splendor and wonderment.

They knew nothing about the chaos and confusion of this world.

They only had the complexity of what clothes to wear the upcoming day.

In my day when I was younger, adulthood crept on me.

Nowadays children transition into young adults too quickly.

They are not prepared for the harshness of this world.


Many children succumb and are lost in the storm, because they lack the will and determination to fight and hold on.

We are left with a complete degradation of an entire generation.

I implore the people of this world, if when walking, driving, and doing your daily task: to please take the time to reach out to our younger generation.

Do not judge, do not be afraid, what might not be your child is someone’s child.

We are what can make the difference between a younger generation who’s filled with hate, or a generation of hope.

Not only does it take a parent to raise a child, but also it takes a well-developed society to be the background to hold up the foundation.

Let’s not be by-standers and when something goes wrong, judges and jury.

Lets all be helpers and partakers in making a difference in at least one child per day.

What we do today, determines the evolution and continuation of all mankind.
                               Lisamarie-                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to message me about how my poems have impacted your life.