Thursday, September 1, 2016

Voices Of Change


It’s morning and now I’ve awaken. 


Every day is a new creation. Ready to build a firm foundation with which I will strive to make today better than yesterday , in hopes I can keep my pain and sorrow away.

I hear a voice that says “Beyond the eyes of every human lies the soul, this is what makes us whole”. 

The pigmentation of our skin is a mere illusion, which brings the world too much confusion. 


With a tear in my eye and the sunlight on my face we’ll assemble for unity and wait. 

Wait for the day where all can perceive racial and sexual equality. 

When? How long will it take and at what price will we all have to pay? 

What do we have to do to achieve that justice for all mankind?

 Will our children’s children have to feel the same pain? Nevertheless , I say unto you to believe in yourselves and what you perceive to be true.

 In all we do and in all we say the voices that echo over the land will triumph over yesterday. 

Acts of violence and hate will be tolerated no more as we move into a new chapter and open the door.


Babies are so pure and clean , their minds so simple and at ease: but then they grow up to be young men and boys to carry out their name .

 Striving for perfection in this world of pain.


                                                               -Lisamarie-




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to message me about how my poems have impacted your life.