Thursday, September 1, 2016

My Son's

So tiny and so little, I placed him on his bed and bowed down and gave him a sweet kiss on his head.

 He curled up into a little ball and closed his eyes to dream.

 I gazed at him closed the door and wondered what the future had in store.

 Did I give him hugs when he was hurting and wipe his tears? Did I hold him tightly and chase away his fears? 

Will he find the little key I left in his heart, when life wears him down and he wants to give up? 

He’s all grown up now and on his own, living life as all young men do.

 The day came where he opened up my door weary from life’s journey and bestowed a kiss on my head as I slumber in my bed.


To My Sons- Love Mom

-Lisamarie-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to message me about how my poems have impacted your life.